Wednesday August 7, 2019
Imagine the feeling of waking after a good night’s sleep. You feel refreshed, energized, and positive. Now, think of a time where you woke up feeling the opposite. Throughout the day you may have had trouble concentrating, became frustrated easier, and had increased food cravings. Does that sound familiar?
When was the last time you felt refreshed?
While most people recognize that sleep is crucial for maintaining good health, most of us don’t know about the more individualized effects it has on the body, whether you are getting too much or too little. Surely you have felt tired from a night of restless sleep, but were you aware that tossing and turning actually decreases your immunity? Encourages weight gain? Affects your short-term and long-term memory? Surprising, isn’t it?
Quality sleep affects:
- The brain by increasing concentration and memory retention
- Mood by decreasing the risk and prevalence of depression
- Disease risk by lowering the chance for heart disease, stroke, and diabetes
- Immunity by strengthening immune function and decreasing the risk of the common cold
- Athletic performance by improving speed, accuracy, and reaction times
- The body’s repair mechanism by lowering inflammation and repairing cellular damage
The benefits of a good night's sleep are much more valuable than ANYTHING keeping you away from it. Put yourself first and set up a relaxing nightly routine catered to falling and staying to sleep.
Set up a bedtime routine:
- Turn off electronics one hour before bedtime
- Darken your room or wear eye covers
- Comfortable room temperature
- Write in a journal to download your brain before going to sleep
- Go to bed the SAME day you woke up!
I guarantee it will be life-changing!
dōTERRA essential oils are a very concentrated version of the natural oils found in plants, and they provide a host of health benefits. I use only the finest essential oils that have a guarantee to be free of toxins, contaminates, microorganism,s and ensures the presence of desired therapeutic properties. To learn more about these gifts from the earth, click here! Try some of these essential oil blends either topically or in a diffuser to help you prep your body for the perfect night’s sleep!
- 4 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Bergamot
- 2 drops Patchouli
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang
- 3 drops Sandalwood
- 3 drops vetiver
- 3 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Chamomile
Sleep & Calming 10 ml Roller
- 20 drops dōTERRA Grounding Blend
- 20 drops dōTERRA Restful Blend
- Fill with Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Roll on wrists, bottoms of feet and back of neck.
Until the next time,
🌿Be Well, de😊
☮️ Peace. 💚 Love. 💦Oils.